Another month, another batch of empties! Here's what I used up!
Another month, another batch of empties! Here's what I used up!
Hello! It's been a good week into April and I apologise for the tardiness! :p March has been a pretty good month in terms of empties as I have used up quite a few products!
Before I move on to the post, I would like to point out that I have already come to the very last squeeze of my SK-II Facial Treatment Gentle Cleanser but it did not make it to the group photo of empties as Mum popped it into the bin before I could say….
I’m taking a break from my usual Trigger-Happy Thursdays column as it’s the 1st of November (already!?) and it has been a while since I last did an empties post. July empties anyone?
It isn’t every month I come up with 3 empty bottles of sunscreen so let’s get started!
1. Sunplay SPF60+ PA+++ Water Kids Sunscreen
First of the empties! The hopping (or maybe not) chick caught my eye and I love the yellow packaging! This product is dispensed with a spout so it’s pretty mess-free and easy to use. Also, I have been picking up kids sunscreens because I feel that if it’s great for kids it must work well for adults too. The watery, fast-drying texture feels lovely on the skin.
2. Nivea Sun Kids Pocket Size Sunscreen SPF50
Another kids sunscreen! I purchased this back in the UK and enjoyed using it then. Back then, the texture was creamy but non-sticky but since using this at home, my skin felt a little uncomfortable and sticky after application and it took a while for the sunscreen to sink in. Definitely not one for humid weather!
I have reviewed this here and this is my second empty bottle! This product is true love, true Holy Grail and the fact that I am coming very close to having 3 empty bottles of this is a testament to how amazing this product is. I doubt I will be straying for a very long time. =)
4. SK-II Cellumination Mask-In Lotion
This is a deluxe-sized sample Mum handed over. My skin and I liked using it enough to use up a 30ml bottle over the last month. I see myself getting a full-sized bottle in the near future.
5. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
I have a teeny love-hate relationship going on with this product. Having tried it up for the first time a few years back my skin didn’t quite like it and I developed small bumps on my face after the second week of using it. Fast forward 6 years later, I find myself using this again and this time my skin seems to be taking it quite well. A 30ml sample bottle has been used up and I am going to take the plunge with a larger bottle again. At least the product wouldn’t go to waste should my skin reject this as Mum’s a fan!
I spoke about it here but allow me to refresh your memory. I like the product for its light texture but due to aging (don’t you detest that word?) I’m now on the lookout for a new eye cream!
Pretty eventful month in terms of empties huh? What have you used up this month?
July saw the bottoms of some of my favourite skincare products pointing towards the sky!
I’m going to get down to them in no particular order! =D
1. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Advance Face Serum
This product has been a staple for me for a good 3 years now! What it does is that it helps soothe sensitive and irritated skin and reduces redness! I have naturally red skin and this has helped tone down the redness quite a bit although I wish it would make the redness around my nose / chin area disappear completely. =D Am so glad I’ve got a back up of this thanks to Steph!
2. Elemis Balancing Lavender Toner
Another empty that I enjoyed using! I reviewed this here not long ago after re-discovering it when I came back to the UK!
3. Shiseido Brightening Balancing Softener w
I am in love with this product. So in love that I worry if I will not be able to bribe the boyfriend’s brother into lugging one (two if I’m lucky) bottles of this back for me. Now that the full-sized one has been used up I am onto the first of my two deluxe-sized samples. Do check out what I had to say about this product here!
4. Vichy Eau Thermal Spray
I used an average of one can a month. I am now looking into other alternatives as I know aerosol cans are damaging to the environment! Am trying to make a change, a baby step at a time! =D
5. Shiseido Perfect UV Protector SPF50+ PA+++
Yet another Shiseido empty! I have been on a roll with Shiseido products of late, having discovered them when I was home in Malaysia over the last couple of months and I am falling hard for their products! This is my perfect sunscreen as it has such an incredibly light texture, goes on to a smooth, non-greasy finish and protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays. Do drop by my review of this product here if you are interested to find out more!
6. Avene Soothing Hydrating Serum
Another favourite that I was sad to see go! I compared this with Vichy’s Aqualia Thermal Hydrating Serum here! Check it out to see who won the battle of the hydrating serums! =D
7. Biotherm Skinergetic Moisturiser
Used up a sample tub of the above moisturiser! I did not experience anything other than it keeping my skin nicely moisturised but I have to say I prefer Biotherm’s Aquasource moisturisers to this!
That’s it for skincare! Now onto the two body products I used up this month:
8. E45 Moisturising Hand Cream
I’ve had this for ages! I remember buying this sometime last year at St. Pancras International’s Boots during winter as my hands were so dry I could feel the pull of my skin when I tried to move my fingers. Yup it was that bad. I resorted to quickly purchasing this (thank you, Advantage points) and I wouldn’t say it’s the most moisturising hand cream I’ve used but it does the job of keeping your hands moisturised until the next wash and it’s unscented and non-greasy!
9. The Body Shop’s Almond Body Butter
Took me a while to use it up as the sweet almond scent proved to be a little too much for me but I eventually got used to it and I really like how it does soften your skin really well and does not leave my skin feeling as sticky / greasy as I do when using my favourite Astral cream. =)
July’s been quite a good empties month, hasn’t it? =D What have you used up this month?
As I sat here watermarking photos for future blog posts, it got me wondering: where on earth did all the time go!? It’s July now and before you know it it’s Christmas. Steph are you reading this? Best we put our plan in action!
I used up quite a few products last month and as usual, here they are!
1. The Body Shop’s Papaya Shower Gel
As mentioned in my Photo Meme, I only purchase TBS’ products during a sale and this Papaya scented shower gel reminded me of home…. And of all the papayas I used to eat. T__T
2. Vich Eau Thermale Spray
This product needs no introduction as I’ve used up many a can!
This got used up rather quickly! :s Have since replaced it with a Paul Mitchell one that has turned my hair to straw. Need to get myself down to L’occitane and buy backups of my favourite conditioner!
Took me ages to use this up but I’m glad it’s empty now! Now to conquer the other scrubs sitting in the bathroom.
5. A mix of samples
I have an ever growing stash of samples as I love purchasing products only when there is a Gift With Purchase offer on it. =D Hands up if you do that too! But as I’m wary of using these moisturisers on my face I’ve resorted to using them as body lotions / hand creams where I pop one into my handbag and carry it out with me for ‘touch ups’ throughout the day. What do you do with your skincare samples?
I have a random announcement to make. I was feeling bored last night and my fringe was getting in the way… So I grabbed a pair of scissors and snipped, snipped, snipped…… OOPS.
I have a shorter than short fringe now. Please allow me to grow it out before taking anymore FOTDs as I think I’m going to scare the living daylights out of everyone when I head to town later. =D
Have a good one!
Gosh, where did the first half of the year go? I spent almost the entire first half of the year at home and now it’s June! *pinches self in hopes of waking up from this awful realisation*
Anyway, I’ve put off blogging long enough and I can safely say that I’m finally back on track! First up, I have used up quite a few products since coming back to the UK as many of them were nearly empty before I left!
I’ve got quite a few products there, haven’t I? It’s a lovely month of finishing, and rediscovering long forgotten favourites!
1. The Body Shop’s Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel I do like The Body Shop’s Shower Gels and always pick them up during sales when they go really cheap. I remember picking this up for £1.50 along with a few body butters. =)
2. Shiseido’s Tsubaki Hair Spa Conditioner I really like this conditioner! I only need one pump for my shoulder-length hair and it made my hair soft, tangle-free and glossy. Very good product but it’s not likely I will repurchase as this range is not available in the UK.
3. Dead Sea Spa Magik Body Lotion Used up this deluxe sample rather quickly due to it’s watery texture but I feel this did not moisturise my dry skin enough so even though it would make a lovely summer body moisturiser I wouldn’t repurchase as I much rather have a product that will go the distance.
4. Doublebase Gel This is my lifesaver when I get KP breakouts. Calms the skin down in a jiffy!
5. Clinique’s Deep Comfort Hand and Cuticle Cream I happily slipped this sample-sized tube into my hand bag and found myself constantly reaching out for it as my hands have been peeling and I can’t seem to pinpoint the exact reason why!
6. Clinique’s Moisture Surge Gel Another deluxe-sized sample I used up this month! I love Moisture Surge and always keep a tub with me as this pink gel never fails to rescue my dry, parched skin when I need it to!
7. Nivea’s Pure and Natural Hand Cream Had to force myself to use this up. I first purchased this when the range launched way back last year but I didn’t like how it left an oily film on my hands so I put it aside for the longest time ever but I’m glad I’ve finally used it up!
8. Vichy’s Aqua Thermal Cream (Light) Lovely, basic moisturiser!
9. Sana’s Hadanomy Collagen Mist Been using this as a lotion mask during my skin’s worst days and I’m so sad that I’ve finally run out! Sad times as again, this isn’t available locally. But fret not! I think I’ve found the European equivalent (okay it’s a lot better than Sana’s) in Caudalie’s Beauty Elixir which I will review in due time! =D
10. Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion I cannot use Clinique’s DDML as it broke me out and gave me oil seeds *gasp* so I used this deluxe-sized sample as a body lotion. =p
11. Eau Thermal Avene A staple in my daily routine!
12. Clarin’s UV Plus HP Dayscreen SPF40 Been meaning to review this but never had the chance to due to my tardiness. I like the texture but I still burned after spending only 45 minutes without being in direct contact with the sun (had a picnic with friends under a shady tree) and I do slap on tons of sunscreen so I’m still wondering why my skin reacted that way. Guess some mysteries will never be solved!
Phew! I’m really glad I used up so many products this month, so here’s to an eventful June! Here in the UK we are celebrating the Jubilee Weekend which comes with an extended Bank Holiday weekend (public holiday in Malaysian jargon) until Tuesday. I am thinking of heading to watch The Thames Diamond Jubilee Pageant in London but am a little worried about the crowd.. What do you think? =)
Have a lovely weekend, everyone!
(From Left – Right)
The weather’s been terrible since the start of Chinese New Year with the high heat and humidity and this is something I cannot cope with very well T__T any ladies care to share their heat-busting secrets pretty please? Other than staying in air-conditioned areas of course +__+ but it’s just been so very hot!
Also, there’s been a flu bug going round the house over the last couple of days and I think it has finally hit me. I’m already having the blocked / runny nose syndrome and I’m really hoping this does not turn into a full-blown flu.
Have you gone through any beauty products over the last month yourself?