I love empties posts… they give me a sense of satisfaction as it means I’ve properly used up a product! Over here in the House of Bits and Bobs, I’m trying to use up at least two foundations before I buy another in September. Why September? We will be going away for a little bit and I’ve got my eye on one foundation. One I’ve been lusting after for ages. =D
Then again, I doubt using up two foundations, what more one from now until September is possible as I don’t use very much of it… less than one pump each time and I haven’t been wearing makeup in the past month! I suppose I’ll have to wear foundation everyday to use it up! =D
In this month’s empties… We have a bunch of skincare products:
1. Origins Dr Andrew Weil Mega Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Treatment Lotion I’ve been using this for at least five years now. Of course, I stray, but I always come back to it. Smells funky to some but I’ve gotten used to its herby, mushroomy scent. It does what it says on the bottle – soothes and treats sensitive skin.
2. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream It took me a really long time to get through this… Over two years. I bought it, tried it, didn’t like it, chucked it aside and only rediscovered it late last year. I’ve since been using this on dry patches on my body… My fingers have a tendency to peel as they don’t take dish washing liquid very well… this works well on them and keeps my hands peel-free. I know it sounds strange but when used on my eyes, this gave me milia.
3. SK-II Repair C
I reviewed this two years ago (here), stopped using it as I was lured into trying other products, then my skin acted up before, during and after the wedding… the makeup used on me during the wedding kind of killed my skin. It became really bumpy and I was breaking out everywhere. I whipped this out and it only took two weeks for my skin to return to normal. I think this product has definitely earned that elusive HG status.
4. Clinique Airbrush Concealer in Neutral Fair #04
I bought this because Lisa Eldridge raves about it. Yes, I can see why she loves it. It’s a neutral shade that leans a little more yellow, blends easily and doesn’t sit in my fine lines. I have a backup of this. =D
5. Biore UV Daily Care Gel SPF30
I use this on my body. This is one of the rare drugstore / pharmacy sunscreens that doesn’t irritate my skin, absorbs like a dream and provides relatively adequate protection… I shy away from the sun and wear cardigans wherever I go as my skin is easily irritated. I don’t think this is enough if you plan to head to the outdoors and get all sweaty (otherwise known as working out / sports, words I’m allergic to lol) but if you work in an office environment and only pop out for lunch… It’s good enough. At less than RM30 per bottle, it doesn’t break the bank and does the job.
6. Biotherm Aquasource Gel for Combination Skin
While at uni, Paul* and I absolutely loved Biotherm. We would wait until Christmas, when Boots were doing their special Christmas night shopping event to buy boxes and boxes of Biotherm goodness. The offers were really good. Fancy getting Christmas gift sets on Buy One Get One Free? =D I picked this out at the Johor Premium Outlet some time last year and kept this in my family home for times when I come home to stay… Since we tied the knot, we’ve been staying at our own place but we do spend some weekends at my family home. I’ve finally used this jumbo sized tub up! The husband likes this, I like this, I think most people with combination / oily skin would love this as it’s very light and hydrating.
7. Indeed Labs Hydraluron
This product received a lot of hype when it first launched in the UK. I was home then, and rushed to Muse by Watsons at Sunway Pyramid to pick up a tube. This is the second tube I’ve used up, and while I can say it’s an alright product, I may have found something better than this. Smackdown post to come… Soon!
8. SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
My mum is a long time SK-II user. She gets a lot of GWPs and then passes it on to me. I have a little feeling the Repair C works better when used with the FTE but I’ve got to trial it further before confirming this.
Most of these empties are items I’m fond of, and will repurchase. Have you tried any of these products and if yes, did they work for you?