Having gone on quite a few weekend getaways / short trips, one would probably think I am quite good at packing light…..
But I am still trying to pack as light as possible. =D I’ll be going on another short trip this weekend so I thought I’d post what I’ll be taking with me!
Note: as the destination of this short getaway can be reached by car, I am not travelling light. #cheating lol!
Let’s start with skin care!
From left to right:
1. MAC Cleanse Off Oil
- I found this in Mum’s skin care cupboard and since Mum doesn’t use cleansing oils, I nicked it from her hehe! Am currently testing this out and will probably feature this in one of my Sampling Sundays column! =D
2. Kose Softymo’s Deep Cleansing Oil
- My HG cleansing oil brand!! I thought it would be safest for me to decant some of this into an empty bottle just in case the MAC one breaks me out… Better be safe than sorry, right?
3. Shiseido Aqua Label White Clear Foam
- This came with a travel-sized set which consists of the clear foam, lotion and moisturiser. I’ve used this on two of my trips and it seems to be working okay for me.. Only gripe is that this cleanser has fine scrubby bits in it that are somewhat similar to Kiehl’s Rare Earth Cleanser.
4. Shiseido Aqua Label White Up Lotion R
- Watery, slightly viscous texture. I haven’t used this enough to say if my skin loves or hates it.
5. Shiseido Aqua Label White Up Emulsion R
- Light, watery and non sticky moisturiser my skin has taken a liking to! Been using this instead of my Clinique Moisture Surge Gel in the mornings and this is a product I may consider repurchasing!
6. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Cream
- My staple eye cream over the last 4 months or so. Currently, this is my only eye cream as I left my day eye cream in the UK. :s
7. Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Serum
- A must have for my sensitive skin! This is one of my favourite serums as it has helped with reducing the severe redness I suffer from. Something I cannot live without! =)
8. Estee Lauder Advance Night Recovery Serum
- I love this paired with Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum, a technique I learnt from the lovely ParisB!
9. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Serum
- A lavender-scented oil that leaves me wanting more after applying it! A divine serum that leaves your skin looking rejuvenated the morning after.
I have a feeling this is the lightest I’ve packed yet! I usually pack a tub of my Guerlain Issima Happylogy night moisturiser but I don’t think I’m going to do so this time seeing I’m only spending two nights away and I want to test the Aqua Label products properly before reviewing them. =)
Because I’m travelling light skincare-wise…. I’m bringing a little more make up this time as I want to practise my eye shadow application skills!! =D
From left to right:
1. Shu Uemura UV Under Base Mousse SPF30 PA+++
- Perfect make up base for humid weather as this product is rather drying! I make sure I use a slightly thicker moisturiser before using this product as it does leave my face feeling tight and uncomfortable.
2. Kose Medicated Sekkisei Sun Protector SPF50 PA+++
- As the Shu Uemura Base Mousse is too drying for me, I do not use a lot of product which makes me feel I’m not getting enough SPF for my face so I always use this underneath the Base Mousse. =p Love, love, love this moisturising sunscreen!
3. Topshop Cream Blush in Flush
- Powdery finish that lasts all day. Easy to apply and such a joy to carry around!
- My go-to foundation for travelling as this goes on like second skin! Will be really sad when this runs out but I’m looking forward to trying other foundations.. why hello, Dior and Shiseido! 😉
- I love using this as both a setting powder and a foundation when used by itself! Oil control is not very good but I’ll be okay since I’m using the Shu Uemura Base Mousse!
6. Estee Lauder Pure Colour Illuminating Powder Gelee in 01 Modern Mercury
- Bought this during Summer last year and have only just brought myself to use it! It’s a gorgeous highlighter that will be reviewed soon!
7. Dior New Look Eye Palette in 254 Bleu de Paris
- I never thought I could wear blue eyeshadow. Now I know I can…. or can’t I? =D
8. Inglot 3 colour palette
- Bought this with the lovely Hanny and nope, I haven’t gotten down to using it yet. That will change this weekend!! =p
9. Etude House Eyeshadow Primer
- A product that rivals the oh-so-famous Urban Decay Primer Potion and this does such a good job at holding eyeshadows together!
I do not usually bring this much make up (especially not eyeshadows) but we are thinking of attending lovely dinners together so I thought might as well pack my underused eyeshadow palettes and try to get some use out of them! Haha!
Do you travel light? 😉