Why hello, April!! March has been a pretty low month for me, what with that acute back pain that doesn’t seem to go away and work worries…. But I’m determined to make April and the many months after that better than this!
Onto March favourites!
From left: Orbis UV Cut Sunscreen SPF34, Origins Plantscriptions Anti-Aging Eye Treatment, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact in Porcelain and Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
1. Orbis UV Cut Sunscreen – I recently reviewed this and have been reaching out for it almost everyday, thanks to having many a “good face day”, as I’ll explain later. =D
2. Origins Plantscriptions Anti-Aging Eye Treatment – This is more of an eye gel, my good friend Cassie recommended during one of our facial sessions together. I sure am no fan of eye creams as I’ve had really bad experience with some that gave me oil seeds (that never went away, unfortunately). I’ve used this for two months now and have noticed there the dark blue discolouration under my eyes are less prominent now. Thank goodness!
3. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact in Porcelain – This was a very, very cheeky purchase, made possible while I was at Bangsar Village (with Mum) just before Christmas last year. Laura Mercier had set up a booth right outside Village Grocers and I popped in just as Mum headed to the loo. =D I have been using it so much last month as it just helps even out the redness in my skin, leaving it looking natural and non-cakey. I do not have the original version of this so I can’t really say if this works better than that!
4. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder – One of the last purchases (and best) purchases I made while still in the UK. Yes, this product is nearly two years old now but it still works a charm, every single time! No matter how much you dust on, it leaves your skin looking so natural. I love pairing this with the Orbis sunscreen, topped up with a little bit of Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer as it gives me just enough coverage to get through the day. Thank goodness for “good skin days”!!
Bioderma Crealine Solution Micellaire
5. Bioderma Crealine Solution Micellaire – My love. My beloved Bioderma Micellaire water. Did you know it’s now available at Isetan KLCC? =D This was also purchased in the UK but I’ve been using it sparingly as it’s so good and I was so afraid of using it up! Thanks to the water cut, I’ve been using a lot of this as it, err, helps me save water since I’m not emulsifying cleansing oil off my face.
MAC Brush Cleanser
6. MAC Brush Cleanser – I’ve had this since 2012. This does not mean I don’t clean my brushes properly, just that I’ve been using loads of hotel shampoo and Daiso’s sponge and brush cleaning solution to clean them, thus casting this aside. However, due to the recent water cut, the ever-so-slightly OCD me just had to wash her brushes… So out this came! I usually pour some cleanser onto a kitchen towel and buff my dirty brushes in them before rinsing them with clean water. It really cleans brushes without stripping them and I may get another bottle for times when I’m too lazy to wash them the usual way! =D
Update: Hi lovelies, I’m currently nursing a bad back at the hospital. I still don’t really know what’s wrong as there’s a constant sharp stabbing pain attacking my lower right back but tests have all come back negative. I really hope it isn’t more than just a muscle and ligament tear as muscle relaxants and pain killers haven’t worked for me at all. =( I keep thinking about work and wonder what the colleagues and bosses must be thinking, for I’ve had fellow colleagues go sick before and the rumours that go round really hurt and upset me. To think they might be seeing me in this light when I’m in so much pain affects me even more. Maybe it’s simply high time I stopped thinking about anything and everything and just. move. on.
Sorry about that rant my dears… Have a good First of April anyway, and no, this is not a joke! xx